HTA in Developing Countries
HTAi Interest Group on HTA in Developing Countries
The HTAi Interest Group on Developing Countries (HTAi DC IG) was established in 2008, during the Annual Meeting at Montreal, Canada. IG provides a platform to the members from developing countries to share experiences, discuss needs, challenges and solutions, raise HTA awareness, share opportunities for education and training and work together.
The group is a communication platform for HTAi members from developing countries. Other members who are interested in learning about ongoing developments in these settings and who would like to participate and contribute are also welcome to join. The members share their experiences, developments and activities in their settings, share resources and announcements , discuss ideas and projects. This is a platform to help advance HTA at a global level.
Members communicate through an email list-serve, the HTAi website and Facebook Group. Annual business meeting is held each year during the HTAi annual meeting.
Aims and objectives:
- Provide a platform within HTAi for discussion of the HTA needs,challenges and solutions pertaining to developing countries.
- Promote understanding of the concept of Health Technology Assessment in developing countries, among professionals, policy makers, academia, industry, health insurance sector, patients,consumer organizations and people in general
- Facilitate the initiation of HTA activities in developing countries
- Strengthen and refine HTA activities that are already in existence
- Promote linkage and partnership between HTAi members (individuals and institutions) in developing and developed countries
- Promote linkage between international organizations (including WHO, PAHO etc) and public and private sector national / regional bodies in developing countries
Dr. Rabia Kahveci
Chair, HTAi DC IG
Members, login to access IG materials (login top at right of this page).
Join this IG
Steering Committee: Andres Pichon Riviere (Argentina), Jani Mueller (S. Africa), Temirkhan Kulkhan (Kazakhstan), Yingyao Chen (China), Joseph L. Mathew (India), Paulo Picon (Brazil)
IG Secretary: Esra Meltem Koc (Turkey)
Past Chairs: Joseph L. Mathew (India), Paulo Picon (Brazil)
All members of HTAi are welcome to participate in this IG. To join, simply log in to the website and return to this page. A link to join the IG mailing list will appear automatically.
Would you like to join this IG? Become a member of HTAi.
For any inquiry you may also send an email to email@example.com